Beautifully landscaped and serving as a quiet oasis in Victoria’s Legislative Precinct, Quadra Park is a favourite spot for government workers to eat a bagged lunch or foot-weary tourists to watch the world pass by from the comfort of a sun-dappled bench.
Named after Juan Francisco de la Bodega y Quadra, the park honours its namesake with a statue commemorating the Spanish Royal Navy captain’s historic west coast exploration and governorship of the Spanish settlement of Nootka, Vancouver Island.
The PCC-owned property is located along Belleville Street, overlooking the Coho ferry terminal and the Inner Harbour.
Some of our properties, including Cuthbert Holmes Park and Mill Hill Park are leased long-term and administered by local municipalities for the pleasure and benefit of everyone.
Under its former Beautification and Green Space mandate, the Provincial Capital Commission acquired about 80 properties since 1956, primarily along the Galloping Goose Regional Trail and the two major highways leading into the Capital city.